Pizza is America’s favorite food and it doesn’t have to be unhealthy if you make it at home with good quality ingredients. For vegans, leave out the cheese and add cooked beans or crumbled tofu.
Choose organic ingredients when available
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Campari tomatoes, chopped
- 8 oz. baby Bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 olives in juice, chopped
- 2 cups baby kale
- 1 Whole Foods 365 organic thin & crispy whole-wheat pizza crust (5 ounces)
- 1 cup Whole Foods 365 organic pizza sauce
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese, divided
- Prepared artichoke hearts, chopped (optional)
Preheat oven to 400F. While oven is preheating, place crust on a pizza pan and place in the oven for 5 minutes to crisp. Set aside.
In a large skillet, sweat mushrooms and onions for 5 minutes. Add sun-dried tomatoes and Campari tomatoes. Add olives and 1/4 cup olive juice. Add kale and cook 5 more minutes, stirring to combine the flavors. Evenly spread the tomato sauce over the crust, then top with the cooked vegetables. Add optional artichokes and dollops of ricotta cheese. Bake for 8 minutes or until done.