Italian Turkey Burger Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey breast meat only, 99% fat-free
- 3 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, rehydrated and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 6 100% whole-grain buns
- 6 tablespoons barbecue sauce (optional)
- Shredded cabbage (optional)
1. Preheat grill to medium. (You can also cook under a broiler.) In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients and season with black pepper to taste. Form into 6 patties. Brush them with oil.
2. Grill (or broil) burgers for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until internal temp is 165°F. Toast buns for 2 minutes. Serve burgers on buns; garnish with barbecue sauce and cabbage, if desired.
Per serving (without BBQ sauce and cabbage, including the bun): 260 calories, 6.4 grams fat (1.8 gram saturated fat), 24.5 grams carbs, 2.2 grams dietary fiber, 355 milligrams sodium, 29.2 grams protein