March is National Nutrition Month and the theme is Savor the Flavor of Eating Right.
Food & Nutrition Magazine, a publication by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the world’s largest organization of food and nutrition professionals, hosts a network of Academy member bloggers called Stone Soup bloggers. In celebration of National Nutrition Month, the editor asked its registered dietitian-nutritionist bloggers these questions:
- What is your favorite nutrition tip to “Savor the Flavor of Eating Right”?
- Do you have a healthy recipe from your blog that you feel meets the goal of the theme?
- How are you celebrating National Nutrition Month this year?
Here are my responses:
- Food is intimate — it tickles your senses and nourishes your body inside and out — so get to know it well. Where is it from? How was it made? Is it worth letting into your life? It had better be, because you deserve the best!
- Everyone loves the flavor of a delicious cheesecake, so why not make, eat and share a healthy version: World’s Best Healthy Ricotta Cheesecake (Torta di Ricotta). After all, this is how the Italians have always enjoyed cheesecake!
- In celebration of registered dietitians and National Nutrition Month, I am collaborating with international food and nutrition professionals to offer RDNs a “Savor the Flavor” experience in Puglia, Italy, for an immersion into the modern day Mediterranean diet.
To read about how other Stone Soup Bloggers Savor the Flavor, click this link—
This content was first published on http://www.foodandnutrition.org/Stone-Soup/Celebrate-National-Nutrition-Month-with-Stone-Soup-Bloggers/
Food & Nutrition Magazine is published by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the world’s largest organization of food and nutrition professionals, and mailed bi-monthly to Members, Associates and subscribers.
Stone Soup is a guest blog written by members of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Content — including information, recipes and views expressed — is that of the authors and does not reflect the positions or policies of Food & Nutrition Magazine or the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Bloggers are required to pledge they will not write for Stone Soup on topics, companies or trade organization they currently represent or have represented at any time.
Layne is a registered dietitian-culinary nutritionist, and award winning author of Beyond The Mediterranean Diet: European Secrets Of The Super-Healthy.