This makes a delicious creamy vegetarian pasta salad without the saturated fat and calories.
Ingredients (choose organic ingredients):
- 8 ounces (2 cups) uncooked dry pasta (quinoa, rice or wheat)
- 2 cups baby spinach, packed, then chopped
- 1 cup cooked organic chic peas (or canned and rinsed)
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced (optional)
- ½ cup kalamata olives, chopped (optional)
- ½ cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place spinach in a large mixing bowl. Prepare pasta according to package directions and pour drained hot pasta over the spinach. Stir in chic peas, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic (optional) and olives.
- In separate bowl, thoroughly whisk Greek yogurt, Parmesan cheese, milk, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over pasta and stir well to coat. Serves 4.
Nutrition Facts per serving (with olives and without added salt): 310 calories, 7.6 grams fat, 48 mg cholesterol, 375 mg sodium, 234 mg potassium, 47 grams carbs, 14 grams protein, high in calcium, vitamins A, C and iron.