I just received samples of unique seasoning blends that contain probiotics for gut health — what a brilliant idea! Created by top chef Michael McDermott, FLAVOR PLUS PROBIOTIC blends will take you around the world with twists of fabulous flavor for all your favorite foods. Mexico perked up my avocado spread on toast. Morocco brightened up store-bought hummus. Sweet & Spice was like icing on a cake for my morning chai latte. Italy had me dreaming of Naples while eating a fresh mozzarella melt.
According to Michael McDermott, “FlavorPlusProbiotic is the world’s first, all-natural, ready-to-eat, blended seasonings with an active, shelf stable, heat resistant probiotic. Just sprinkle on your food for great flavor and probiotic all-in-one!”
Michael and I spoke about his favorite ways to pair a few of the seasoning blends with food. Here is what he recommends:
- FlavorPlusProbiotic Africa perks up potato or egg salad, grilled steak fajitas, chicken or a vegetable stir-fry.
- FlavorPlusProbiotic Creole adds a wisp of New Orleans to rice pilaf, BBQ chicken or grilled veggies.
- FlavorPlusProbiotic Caribbean adds a taste of Island life to chicken salad, hummus or mixed into low-fat sour cream to make a dip.
- FlavorPlusProbiotic Mexico adds an “ole” flavor to coleslaw, fish tacos, burgers or traditional rice and bean dishes.
- FlavorPlusProbiotic Morocco rocks your taste buds sprinkled on popcorn, beef stew, tomato salad or in a Caesar salad wrap.
- FlavorPlusProbiotic Thailand tantalizes your tongue on broiled shrimp, fried rice or an omelet.
- FlavorPlusProbiotic Sofrito Yes adds a dash of “Espanola” to scrambled eggs, tomato soup, rice dishes or a chicken salad sandwich.
- FlavorPlusProbiotic Sweet & Spice lovingly sweetens coffee, tea, fresh-cut fruit, pancakes, hot or cold cereal and French toast!
Michael’s shares a FlavorPlusProbiotic recipe from his kitchen:
“Moroccan Your Taste Buds” Dip
Ingredients (choose organic ingredients when available):
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon FlavorPlusProbiotic Morocco seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- Assorted cut veggies like broccoli flowerets, bell peppers, carrots, celery, etc.
Place all ingredients (except veggies) in a medium mixing bowl and whisk together until combined.
Chill for 15 minutes.
Serve with assorted cut-up veggies and optional baked whole-grain chips.
Serves 4 (about 4 tablespoons of dip per serving).
Nutrition facts per serving of dip only (60 grams): 126 calories, 12 grams fat, 273 mg sodium, 3.2 grams carbohydrates, 1.8 grams protein.
See the line of probiotic seasoning blends here: https://www.directeats.com/makers/flavorplusprobiotic_seasonings_/