Slightly Sweet Ricotta-Yogurt Cheesecake Muffins
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 (15-ounce) container whole or part-skim ricotta cheese (avoid brands with gum additives)
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 small mangoes peeled and diced
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place muffin liners into a standard 12-cavity muffin pan. Spray liners with nonstick cooking spray. You can opt to prepare muffin pan without liners and directly spray each cavity with nonstick cooking spray. Liners create a nicer aesthetic.
- Place ingredients in a food processor, and process until light and foamy, about 1 minute, stopping once to scrape sides with a spatula.
- Evenly distribute batter into prepared pan. Bake until muffins are golden and set, 45–60 minutes. If muffins brown before 45 minutes, loosely cover pan with foil to prevent overbrowning.
- Cool muffins for an hour; then remove from pan. If you are not using liners, place muffins on a paper towel to absorb extra moisture.
- When ready to serve, top each muffin with 1½ tablespoons of mango. Muffins can be stored in a sealed container in refrigerator 3–4 days.
This recipe first appeared in Live Naturally, and in its sister publication Optimum Wellness in Colorado, complimentary quarterly magazines distributed exclusively through Kroger stores nationwide.