I love cooking with fresh fruit! So here’s a refreshing way to prepare any medium-firm, mild fish fillets like haddock, cod or halibut with a spicy homemade mango sauce. Serve with whole wheat couscous or quinoa and a steamed veggie of your choice!
- 1 mango, pitted, skinned and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro or flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 small hot chili pepper, minced (wear plastic gloves when handling)
- Juice of 1 lime (about 4 ounces)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cod or halibut fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
Turn on broiler. In a large bowl, combine mango, cilantro (or parsley), onion, pepper, lime juice and garlic. Cover and let stand at room temperature for about 15 minutes. In the meantime, season the fish with the paprika and place in a roasting pan. Broil (6 inches from heat source) for 4 minutes per side or until cooked through. Pour the mango sauce over the fish and serve. Serves 4.
Nutrition Facts per serving: 224 calories, 1.7 grams fat, 135 mg sodium, 94 mg cholesterol, 545 mg potassium, 11.7 grams carbs, 39 grams protein, high in vitamins A, C, B6, B12 and selenium.