American Institute For Cancer Research (AICR) estimates that 33% of breast cancers in the U.S. never have to happen.
- Breast cancer is the most common cause of cancer in women worldwide
- One in three of U.S. breast cancer cases could be prevented if women did not drink alcohol, stayed a healthy weight and are physically active.
Increases Breast Cancer Risk:
- Excess body fat
- Alcohol consumption
Decreases Breast Cancer Risk:
- Regular physical activity
Emerging Research Indicates These May Lower Breast Cancer Risk:
- Non-starchy vegetables
- Fruits and vegetables containing carotenoids – Choose red, orange, green, and yellow varieties such as tomato, sweet potato, carrot, cantaloupe, pumpkin, apricot, spinach, broccoli, and kale
- Dairy products – Choose low fat varieties
- Diets high in calcium